Going for a Winter's walk without Doglet beside me

Here we are in January, and I engage in the talking-to-myself, it's time to bundle up and head out into the cold for some exercise and fresh air. After all, the sun is shining, and it doesn't look too terribly cold.
Only this time there will be no going over to  Doglet and all the ensuing excitement and tail-wagging that the prospect of a W-A-L-K  and biscuit treats brings about.
Today is the first time we are walking after our Doglet has died.
It's a strange state being Dogless.
No silky furry head to pet, no tail whomping going on.
Does the grief ever pass..will it go away at some point?
Will we get used to going for walks without Doglet?


When I go on my twig gathering expeditions, Doglet  was always my faithful companion, waiting patiently while I picked flowers, twigs, berries, etc. Sitting beside me, when I was weeding my Gardens, he would grab the weeds as I threw them out , and shred them to bits. 








Have you lost your Pet? Leave us a comment below and tell us how you are coping with the loss. 




Remembering all the good times you had together, this always helps. 

The Camellia, 30 Hacquoil Rd. 
p.807)475-3551

Comments

Popular Posts